Friday, October 2, 2009

Palin vs Letterman - Class vs Ass

David Letterman, a frequent harsh critic of Sarah Palin, has been linked to a sex scadal as a boss. In an attempted extortion plot a suspect demanded $2 million from Letterman in return for not leaking the details of Lettermans alleged sexual relationships with his staff members.

This led to the ultimate arrest of the suspect, and Letterman admitting to the relationships, and saying -


"My response to that is, yes I have. Would it be embarrassing if it were made public?  Perhaps it would," Letterman said.  "I feel like I need to protect these people -- I need to certainly protect my family."
It's ironic that Letterman wants to protect his family, yet refused to extend the same curtesy to the Palin family.

The attacks on Sarah Palin herself may be warranted, and come with the terrortory of politics, however, making crude remarks about Sarah Palins daughter shows an extereme lack of class and respect.  Such jokes subsequently led Letterman to publicly apologize, however insincerly, saying -

I would like to apologize, especially to the two daughters involved, Bristol and Willow, and also to the governor and her family and everybody else who was outraged by the joke. I’m sorry about it and I’ll try to do better in the future
This has yet to stop Letterman from insulting Sarah Palin on numerous occasions, including on episodes only 3 nights apart, clearly using Palin as a frequent and easy target for his relentless and unnecessary attacks.

In a tweet I recieved today from a twitter user I will allow to remain anonymous -

Palin wouldn't know class if it was dressed like a moose and walked up to her and said, "shoot me."
I asked the twitter user if she could respond with examples of why Palin lacked class, and I have yet to recive a reply.

If the situation was reversed, surely Palin would not make remarks about Letterman's sexual behavior with staff members, nor would she ever attack Letterman's family.

Palin is an American patriot fighting for her country - Letterman is fighting for ratings (might want to check out Fox).

In this case of Class vs Ass - Palin is the clear winner - and to my twitter friend with the Moose example - It is better to not recognize Class dressed as a Moose - than failing to recognize an Ass in the Mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Disclaimer

A new disclaimer is currently being written, and will be posted in this space when available.